When you are breastfeeding and just generally trying to keep up with life, sometimes you need someone to do the thinking for you.
To help take some thinking out of your day, I have pulled together some great meal ideas that will help boost your milk supply and as an added bonus, they are whole family friendly so you don't have to be creating multiple meals!
Milk boosting meal ideas for mums
- brown rice congee, chicken soup congee, quinoa porridge, whole oat porridge topped with nut and seed mix & yoghurt, Franjo’s muesli, smoothies with nourishing ingredients topped with Franjo’s muesli
- soups with crackers, loaded crackers (avo, dip, alfalfa and almond butter on crackers), salads made from 50:50 raw:cooked foods including last night’s left over vegetables with a small handful of almonds and shredded fennel, left over dinners with a couple of crackers on the side
- chicken soup with lots of coriander, vegetable soups with barley and kombu/seaweed, legume casseroles, slow cooked meat casserole with quinoa as a side, brown rice risotto, quinoa based risotto, roast vegetable salads with brown rice, buckwheat (100%) soba noodle salad salmon or tofu salad with nuts and seeds
- crackers and dip, crackers and avo, crackers with miso spread, healthy biscuits, muffins, home made cakes loaded with goodness including flaxseed meal, small cup of soup, vegetable juice, small loaded smoothie with some added protein powder and oats, muesli with yoghurt
Then for the days you want to be creative in the kitchen, here are my favourite milk boosting ingredients that can be used in everyday recipes.
GALACTOGOGUE FOOD LIST
My key herbs:
- Goats Rue
- Milk Thistle
My key foods
- Whole oats (not quick)
- Flaxseeds (ground, not whole)
- Fennel bulb
- Green papaya
- Brown rice
- Brewers yeast
Don't forget to read part one of this blog for some great milk boosting tips.