Super yum chocolate muffins that are good for the whole family!
These yummy muffins created by Jo are both toddler and mum approved and are so easy the whole family can help with making them! The perfect activity for a cold, windy day.
Makes approx. 24 small muffins
275gm wholemeal spelt flour
6 tbs raw cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi carb soda
1 tsp quality salt
½ cup coconut sugar
160gm extra virgin olive oil
1 cup rice milk
1.5 flax egg (1.5tbs flaxseed meal+ 4.5tbs hot water, combine and let sit for 5 minutes)
- Sift all dry ingredients together expect for the sugar. Add this last and combine well.
- Wisk all of the wet ingredients really well and until light and airy
- Gradually fold dry mixture in to the wet mixture. Do not over beat the mix. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon mix into muffin trays
- Place in to a pre-heated oven to 180degrees for 15-20minutes or until just cooked. Do not over-cook.
Why I love this recipe.
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Vegan, wholefood plant based
- Nut free (if you are ok with nuts and would like some extra good fats in this recipe feel free to add a small handful of walnuts… would be lovely!)
- Great for school lunches and treats
- Add a handful of frozen berries or extra dark chocolate chips and make your muffins extra special!
- Nutrient dense – wholemeal spelt flour is rich in fibre, B vitamins and phytonutrients. It is a wonderful whole grain.
- Superfood ingredient rich including one of our favourite ingredients flaxseeds – full of fibre, protein, good fats and awesome for your milk production! #lactation