These yummy muffins created by Jo are both toddler and mum approved and are so easy the whole family can help with making them! The perfect activity for a cold, windy day.
Makes approx. 24 small muffins
275gm wholemeal spelt flour
6 tbs raw cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi carb soda
1 tsp quality salt
½ cup coconut sugar
160gm extra virgin olive oil
1 cup rice milk
1.5 flax egg (1.5tbs flaxseed meal+ 4.5tbs hot water, combine and let sit for 5 minutes)
- Sift all dry ingredients together expect for the sugar. Add this last and combine well.
- Wisk all of the wet ingredients really well and until light and airy
- Gradually fold dry mixture in to the wet mixture. Do not over beat the mix. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon mix into muffin trays
- Place in to a pre-heated oven to 180degrees for 15-20minutes or until just cooked. Do not over-cook.
Why I love this recipe.
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- Vegan, wholefood plant based
- Nut free (if you are ok with nuts and would like some extra good fats in this recipe feel free to add a small handful of walnuts… would be lovely!)
- Great for school lunches and treats
- Add a handful of frozen berries or extra dark chocolate chips and make your muffins extra special!
- Nutrient dense – wholemeal spelt flour is rich in fibre, B vitamins and phytonutrients. It is a wonderful whole grain.
- Superfood ingredient rich including one of our favourite ingredients flaxseeds – full of fibre, protein, good fats and awesome for your milk production! #lactation