I made these delicious muffins a couple of weeks ago with my three little ones. Be sure to get your kids in the kitchen early on in life, it acts as a wonderful class room on so many levels! I know, it can turn out to be one heck of a mess but they thoroughly love it and gain so much. Let go a little and the enjoy the experience being with your little ones and creating beautiful food for you all.
Vegan Berry Choc Chip Muffins
(Recipe adapted from Whole Vegan Pantry)
3 cups organic wholemeal spelt flour
2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tbs ground flaxseeds
½ cup olive oil
1 ¼ cups organic brown rice milk
½ cup frozen berries of choice
80gm roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% organic green and blacks brand)
- Preheat your oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Grease or line muffin tins
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients
- In 2-3 lots, add the dry ingredients to the wet, fold in gently and at the end just combine the chocolate and berries. Do not overwork the mix or you will have rubbery muffins!
Why are these muffins good?
- No cane sugar
- Lunchbox friendly – no nuts or eggs
- Spelt flour is easier to digest in most cases than common wheat
- Good fats – extra virgin olive oil and flaxseed meal
- Fibre rich ingredients
You and your kids will love these nourishing, satisfying and tasty muffins!
Make double the recipe and freeze a batch!
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out some of our very own Tanker Topper Lactation Cookies