Third time around and I feel like a pro at the old hospital bag. I last did this post in 2015, and so I have updated it slightly!
I will be having an elective c-section as my first two were c sections so this is a bag more geared for that rather than labour.
I have used the Suite Set https://www.thesuiteset.com/ reusable bags to organise all of my stuff. SO HANDY!
You’ll see a have a big focus on my boobs - I have had trouble breastfeeding in the early days with both my babies (you can read about that here) so I have included lots of beautiful breastfeeding products to help get me through the early days.
Here it goes:
- 6 pairs of full brief bonds undies
- 2 pairs of pajama pants
- 2 t-shirts to sleep and feed in
- 2 maternity bras (I have treated myself to Lonely Label ones https://lonelylabel.com/products/bonnie-br15312bk?taxon_id=139)
- 2 bonds maternity singlets
- 2 pairs of nice warm socks
- Jandals for in the shower
- Dressing gown
- Sleeping eye mask (I didn’t take this for my first two but so glad I saw this on a list somewhere - think it will be a game-changer)
- I will wear the same outfit home that I arrived at the hospital in (which includes a soft cardy to wear at the hospital)
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash, moisturisers, deodorant)
- Weleda nipple cream https://www.weleda.co.nz/product/n/nipple-care-cream)
- Lip balm
- 2 packets of maternity pads
- Nature Baby reusable breast pads https://www.naturebaby.co.nz/organic-cotton-bamboo-nursing-pads-3-pack-nb3760-19041
- Mama Body Tea https://www.mamabodytea.com.au/collections/all/products/mamas-milk-lactation-tea
- Hydrogel Breast Discs
- Hair ties
- Body Ice Woman ice and heat packs https://bodyice.com/products/breast-pack
- 3 packets of Tanker Toppers (of course!)
- Pen and notebook
- iPhone and charger
- Laundry bag for dirty clothes
- Compression band (bought from physio with first c section)
- 6 newborn onesies
- 4 singlets
- 5 bunny rugs
- 2 muslin wraps
- 2 booties
- 2 mittens
- 2 hats
- Car seat
- Going home outfit
Too easy! My hospital supplies nappies, wipes, cotton buds, etc so I don’t need to pack any of those!
Now... of we go! Wish me luck.